At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a
About the role:
Purpose of the job:
The primary purpose of the OP Engineer is to develop Vehicle Operability Concepts within the product families according to the Vehicle Operability Breakdown Structure (VOBS). The position should be able to define and to specify usability, operability, maintainability and handling of our products (rolling stock) according the requirements from operation, infrstrucure and maintenance. The Operability Concept analysis high level scenario & tasks and transitions between them, in respect to the train in its daily use. It shall be done from the perspective of the operator according DITLOTT (Day in the life of the train). Actors according DITLOTT are driver, train staff, maintainer and passenger. In detail the OP Engineer should perform the following tasks:
1. Consolidate customer requirements and legal requirements regarding operation, infrastructure and maintenance.
2. Develop operational scenarios and operability features based on platform definition according to VOBS (Vehicle Operability Breakdown Structure).
3. Identify and list the gaps between Platform solutions and customer required product.
4. Plan and establish Vehicle Operability workshops (DITLOTT/DITLOAD workshop).
6. Derive and Structure all operational scenarios and operability features (non-functional requirements) according to VOBS.
7. Allocate derived requirements and DITLOTT use cases to Functional Building blocks
8. Create Operability concept document.
1.Create Operability concept and derive requirements towards functional, mechanical and electrical architecture in order to respect operability requirments regarding infrastructure, operation and maintenance.
2. Create operational scenarios and operability features based on platform definition according to VOBS (Vehicle Operability Breakdown Structure).
3.Plan and establish Vehicle Operability workshop (DITLOTT/DITLOAD workshops) with final customer.
4. Working with global engineering to identify standards across all platforms and product families.
Qualifications & Functional Knowledge:
•Engineering Degree or equivalent, Chartered Engineer
Relevant experience required (i.e. directly linked to the requirements of the position/role)
•Specialist with a minimum 5 years of experience in various projects in Engineering
•Strong experience in rail operation and train functions
•Working in a complex international environment
Specialized or cross-functional knowledge / relevant experience required by the position/role
•Vehicle Operational and Maintenance Regimes, Vehicle Maintenance Schedule, Functional FMEA, HAZARD LOG Familiarization, Product Liability, Requirements Management Process, SIL Assessment, Failure Modes and Effects and Criticality Analysis
About Bombardier Transportation:
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Primary Location: IN-TL-Hyderabad
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 05.05.2019, 11:28:56 PM
04.06.2019, 11:59:00 PM